Click the link for the PDF
What are the major projects? In a bulleted list, provide links to the project descriptions for each of them.
How will your final grade be calculated?
-Everything we do in the class has the potential to earn points. The projects make up the bulk of the points you can earn, but things like participation and class prep can also earn you points. The number of points you finish with at the end of the semester determines your final grade.
What happens if you don’t complete one of the major projects?
– If you fail to complete one of the major projects, it will result in an automatic D or lower.
What is Gradian and how do you use it? Embed the Gradian login page below your answer (hint: Google “embed iframe WordPress blog” to find out how).
– Gradian is an educational software tool that we will use to turn almost everything in on
<iframe src=”http://gradian.gsucreate.org/web” width=”100%” height=”500″></iframe>
Embed the course calendar and weekly overview below this question.
Where on the course website can you find an overview of what’s due and the readings for each unit?
-You can find all of that information on the weekly overview
<iframe src=”https://fall2017.rswsandbox.net/engl1103/syllabus-course-info/#Agenda” width=”100%” height=”500″></iframe>
<iframe src=”https://fall2017.rswsandbox.net/engl1103/syllabus-course-info/#Calendar” width=”100%” height=”500″></iframe>
What is the best way to see an overview of what’s due each week?
– The weekly overview
What is the attendance policy?
– You lose 50 points for an unexcused abcense, but can potentially make up those points by coming to office hours and doing some reflections of what you missed with a classmate
What is one way you can lose points?
– Not showing up to class
What are my office hours, and how do you make an appointment to see one of us outside of class?
– Tuesday/Thursday 11:00 am to 12:15 pm, and you can schedule an appointment by emailing you
How do you earn participation credit? Provide a link to the instructions/guidelines for participation.
– You earn participation credits by completing the class prep and by doing additional assignments such as visiting your office hours or writing a reflection on web design
How many points can you earn by participating in or organizing a study group session?
– 20 points
How can you be assured of earning an “A” in this course?
– By earning 5985 points
What are the minimum requirements for earning a passing grade of “C”?
– Earning 2200 points, or by doing all of the class prep, not missing a class, and earning the minimum grade on all class projects
What do you do if you’re not sure how to document your participation in order to earn points?
– Visit you during office hours and ask
What are the Unit 1 readings and which one is your group assigned to focus on for the Unit 1 Reading Response?
– The readings for both groups are Kenneth Haltman’s Introduction to American Artifacts and Stephanie Fitzgerald’s The Cultural Work of a Mohegan Painted Basket. I am group 2, so I will be annotating The Cultural Work of a Mohegan Painted Basket.
Hyperlinked my notes into a PDF above!!